After years of hassling with pan fried bacon, including the tiny burns you get with it pops and lands on you and the grease spots all over my counter and clothing, a friend says to be, "Why don't you just bake it in the oven."
He said that is common knowledge but it was news to me so I'm guessing at least one of you out there doesn't know this.
Advantages: The bacon shrinks less.
The bacon lies flat.
You don't have to babysit the pan.
It won't burn if you turn your back.
Less grease splashing everywhere.
It gets nice and crispy and cooks more evenly.
How to bake bacon:
1. Get a baking sheet and cover with parchment paper. The paper with absorb some of the grease.
2. Lay out bacon in a single layer.
3. Heat over to 350 degrees.
4. Put bacon in oven and set a timer for 20 minutes.
5. Check to see if it's done when the timer goes off, and if not, leave it in for another few minutes.
6. Drain on paper towels.
7. Turn off oven.