Thursday 1 October 2009

Fayme's Super Easy Cherry Tarts




Ingredients:
1 can of cherry pie filling
1 Package of fillo dough
1/3 cube of butter (melted)
2 Tbsp water
1/4 C powdered sugar
Makes 24 tarts

To make these I sprayed a cupcake pan with cooking spray. Then I cut some Fillo dough into squares and tucked about 6-9 squares into each cup. I carefully brushed each 'cup' with melted butter to keep it from shifting. Then I added a spoonful of canned cherries like you put in pies into each cup. Then I added a few more layers to cover and brushed with butter again. I baked for 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven.  I took a little bowl and while they were baking I stirred about 1/4 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tbsp. of water to make a glaze.  After I took the tarts out, I let them cool a minute then drizzled glaze on each one. I popped them out with a fork and we ate them while they were still warm. One can will make 24 tarts. I only made half today. I'll make the other half in a day or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment