Thursday 23 December 2010

Wheat Dough Pizza





I got a late start on the day and didn't have breakfast. So I decided to make pizza for lunch.  Using the wheat pizza dough I made in the bread machine a few days ago, I put together a pizza from items on hand.

Pizzas are a great way to use up bits of meat, cheese and veggies.  On mine I put fire roasted tomatoes in sauce, grilled onions, browned kielbasa sausage, shitake mushrooms sliced thinly, and medium grated cheddar cheese. I'd already added oregano to the dough.

This dough was a lot stiffer than what I'm used to. Even though the recipe said it was enough dough for 2 large pizzas, I could only spread it out far enough to make one rectangular pizza. I had already used about 1/5 of the dough for breadsticks the other night.  But still, there is no way that would have made 2 large pizzas, even with allowing the dough to relax several times.

It made for a very hearty thick crust chewy pizza though. One and a half pieces were all I could eat. The rest went in the fridge for tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment