Friday 6 July 2012

Fresh Salsa and Chili

What is the 4th of July without a crazy hat?

Another lady decorated this cake while we watched.

Guy's chili with fresh cilantro on top.

Flag cake.  Glad I got a picture of it because it vanished before I even saw it cut.
For our 4th of July potluck, my boyfriend made the most awesome chili (no beans) as well as fresh salsa.  I roasted the peppers for the salsa and peeled half of them.  He did everything else.  People were standing in line waiting for the chili to heat up at the pot luck. Many of them used it to make a chili dog. He got lots of compliments on the salsa as well.  Nothing beats fresh. And I never really think of salsa as a vegetarian food, but it kept the vegetarians happy too.

The flag cake is amazing too. I can't take credit for that one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment